We would like to invite all the interested parties to our annual Karate Summer Camp.
This year, the camp will take place in Boston, Lincolnshire. It will be a 7 day, sports and language event where karate training will be complemented by an intensive course of English language.
Boston, Lincolnshire is a historic town in East Midlands and boasts rich heritage of sea trading and colonial exploration. This is where the first Pilgrims set out from, to head for the new lands of North America and build new settlement, later known as Boston, USA (1630).
Boston’s most notable landmark is St Botolph’s Cathedral – “The Stump” (1309), said to be the largest parish church in England with one of the tallest towers in England, visible for miles around from the flat lands of Lincolnshire. The tower is approximately 83m high and has a special spectator balcony near the top section.
• Preparation for the World Championships & Children’s World Cup (Krakow, Poland, 2016)
• Minimum two karate training sessions per day – trainings will be run in English
• Expected participants from UK, France, Lithuania, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Armenia, Spain and others
• Top karate instructors
• “Western Europe Integration Tournament”
• General fitness classes
• Dietary and nutrition counselling
• College Sixth Form Centre
• Professional Boston College teachers
• International groups
• Contents framed around everyday language and sports related vocabulary
• Modern classrooms – interactive white-boards, O/H projectors, PCs
• Course completion certificate (Boston College)
• Boston College Hostel, about 10 minutes’ walk from the town centre
• Single rooms in 4 – 5 bedroom suites, free Wi-Fi
• Each room contains: single bed, bed-side table, wardrobe, desk, cupboard mounted washbasin
• Shared kitchens and bathrooms – 1 bathroom for every 3-5 people
• Play room / Lounge – table tennis, table soccer
• Free car park
• College main canteen
• Buffet style breakfast
• Packed lunch (sandwich/wrap, fruit, bottled drinks)
• Two-course evening meal